Friday, September 6, 2013

Raw Fathoms

So last night we went to the beach, and I had a good time taking pictures.
I couldn't help but put these up unedited, because raw ocean has a gaze of its own. 





Because from a distance, the sea just is.  
But then you go there, and there is nothing else but the whisper of water
and the myriad of tiny peaks jutting up and then dipping back under, glances from disappearing scales.
Rocks spit up foam and sands drain down into the roiling mouth of the next gapping build. 
The ocean swells and recedes, and you, too, sigh along with every breath. 

How lovely is your dwelling place, O Lord Almighty!  Psalm 84:1
There's only one way to God, but you can find Him everywhere.
Psalm 42:8
By day the Lord directs His love,
    at night His song is with me—
    a prayer to the God of my life.

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful pictures of the beach, Charis!!! <3
    I wish I could take pictures that well without editing! Nice work! Love you and hope to see you soon!
    Your Friend,
    Riely

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the detailed pictures....up close....So beautiful !

    ReplyDelete